Wednesday, June 25, 2014

More Exploration and Discovery

Somewhere in the recesses of my memory, I have the image of a very young child surrounded by mountains of presents at Christmas. Instead of ripping them open and playing with them one at a time, the little girl just sat there, dumbfounded, mouth agape,in a state of confusion. Despite having to fight with feelings of being overwhelmed by the deluge of new tools we are introduced to each week, some of them surface as real gems. Today, I spent some time exploring WebQuest and found it impressive. I think it would be a great vehicle through which to present our next assignment. Now all I have to do is decide on the topic of instruction. In this class probably the hardest thing for me is wrapping my head around what any given tool is supposed to do and how it does it. Until I'm actually doing it, the concept is almost impossible to grasp. For example, when I first heard about Baked Alaska I couldn't conceptualize it. How on earth could you stick ice cream in a hot oven and it not melt? Then I tried it and witnessed it for myself. Then I looked up the science behind it and, although I couldn't relate to much of the terminology, I could accept and understand the concept. It's much the same with trying new tools in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment