Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Is a little nostalgia appropriate?

I've been visiting several blogs and starting to feel a little sad about the course drawing to an end. while I am as tired as the next person with the usual end of course crunch, I will miss the interaction and Dr. D's "tool of the week" roll-out. Like so many have commented in their blogs, I have come unbelievably far over the last 12 weeks. I no longer feel like "technically impaired" as my family fondly daubed me prior to this class. In all honesty, I don't know how many of the tools I will use in the future. What matters is that I now know they are out there with a whole lot more. If I'm working on a paper, a lesson or whatever and think, "It would be great if there were a tool that could....[fill in the blank]" I know chances are there probably is and I Google it. Before I would never have thought of such a thing. At times it was truly challenging and even frustrating but I'm glad I stuck with it and thank you, Dr. Dennen, for your limitless patience and encouragement.

3 comments:

  1. Well said and I agree with your sentiments. Many of us have come a long way and like you, I feel a sense of liberation. Before now Web 2.0 was a mystery, now I'm able to take on any challenge or tool that may lie ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you have come so far. And the most important thing is that, as you said, now you know some of the possibilities out there :) And there's not need for goodbyes. I'm sure most of us will see each other again or stay in contact :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed your posts over the summer. Any chance you will continue blogging?

    ReplyDelete